About the mia
The mia is one of the fastest growing associations in the conference, meetings and events sector, founded by a proactive group of hotel and conference centre operators and booking agents to lead the conference, meetings and events industry, providing accreditation, industry awards, research and a voice to government. It has 530 accredited members. The mia supports members by:
• Providing extensive regional networking opportunities on a monthly basis.
• Helping them to achieve the highest standards of facilities and service through achievement of AIM, the industry standard of quality and excellence.
• Providing a library of best practice and quality standards guidelines.
• Promoting AIM to industry buyers.
• Delivering tangible beneﬁts which support members in the achievement of their own business goals.
• By the provision of information, education, research and advice all of which lead to improved business performance.
• By sharing issues of sector importance with them.
• By raising the proﬁle of business tourism with government.